SERMONS AND BIBLE STUDY
Koinōnia Blue Letter Bible’s definition: ◦ fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, intercourse the share which one has in anything, participation. ◦ intercourse, fellowship, intimacy The right hand as a sign and pledge of fellowship (in fulfilling the apostolic office. ◦ a gift jointly contributed, a collection, a contribution, as exhibiting an embodiment and proof of fellowship • One Greek scholar defined koinōnia as: “joint participation in a common interest or activity” • Fully invested and given to the same end • Common purpose, focus, unity, and intention • Communion 1 Cor 10:16 – sharing and celebrating the death and life of Christ with the body 2 Corinthians 6:14 – Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship (metochē – to take part in, participate) has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion (koinonia) has light with darkness?
•Philippians 1:3-5 – I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, •Matthew 28:16-20 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted, And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [c]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. • Mark 16:14-18 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who [d]believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[e] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
• Acts 2:42 – And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. • Galatians 2:9 – … and when James, Peter, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. • 1 John 1:3 – … that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us.
• Philippians 2:1-2 – Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. • 2 Corinthians 13:14 – The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you.
• 1 Corinthians 1:9 – God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
• 1 John 1:3 – … that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
• Identifying with Jesus • Philippians 3:10 – … that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.
• Ephesians 3:8-11 – To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Contribution | Fellowship | Participation | Sharing
1. The fellowship of the Gospel
2. The fellowship of the believers
3. The fellowship of the spirit
4. THE fellowship of the son
5. The fellowship of the father
6. the fellowship of his sufferings
7. the fellowship of the mystery
SEVEN TYPES OF FELLOWSHIP